During renovation of streets In Liepaja, raised guidelines are deposited into the sidewalks in order to aid visually impaired people with getting around.
Read survey results
Ganību street 197/205 Liepaja,
LV – 3407
02.02.2010 Author: LNB
From January 2010 typhlotechnique distribution to visually impaired, makes Latvian Society of the Blind Rehabilitation Center.
Procedure of receiving of technical aids 2010
1. To LSB RC Typhlotechnique division (Riga, Pales street 14/1, 2nd floor, LV-1024) must submit or send by mail the opinion from the attending physician (the opinion to receive technical aids), which confirm, that you are a visual disabled person. In the opinion must be indicated diagnosis about your visual abilities. Diagnosis code must be appropriate to International statistical diseases and health problems of classification (ICD) 10th Revision. In the opinion must be entered that you need technical aids, which are intended for people with visual disabilities. And they also must be explicitly listed, for example, recorder, loupe or glasses, walking stick, mechanical clock with digital signs in Braille or speaking clock, or Braille writing materials. Must indicate their planned duration of use. This opinion is valid for three months from its date of issue.
2. Also need to submit or sent by post application (application for receiving typhlotechnique), giving your contact details – name, last name, personal code, home address, phone number, necessary technical aid.
3. When documents will be received, you will be enrolled in line (if in documents will be incomplete information, the client will be informed.)
4. When will be your turn in line for receiving typhlotechnique, by phone and by mail, will be informed of it.
5. Technical aids to receiver are given into use for a certain period, concluding written contract. To receive technical aid pensioners and disabled people need to pay single payment – LVL 5 for each device, but children under 18 years – LVL 1. Poor and low-income people or persons, who are in long-term social care and social rehabilitation institution, payment isn’t required, but most show reference.
6. Installment must be paid by bank transfer.
SIA LNB REHABILITĀCIJAS CENTRS
A/S “SEB banka”,
konta nr. LV82UNLA005003775003
7. To receive typhlotechnique need to go to the LSB RC Typhlotechnique department in Riga, Pāles iela 14/1, 2nd floor. Need to take passport!
8. If the client can’t come by himself, in his place can come close relative, who need to take passport with him, all above referred documents, as well as power of attorney from the client. In power of attorney must write that to this person is entrusted to receive technical aid. Power of attorney must be notarized.
9. Eye prostheses need to receive Ltd. “Valtera protēžu labaratorija”, Lēdurgas iela, Rīga. Phones: 67394563, 67394550
10. Special glasses – monocular and binocular etc., optical aids must receive at Ltd. “LU Optometrijas centrs” Ķengaraga ielā 8, Rīgā. Phone: 67187809
11. More detailed information can be received from LSB RC Typhlotechnique department in Pāles iela 14/1, Rīga, LV-1024.
Phone: 67533828, mobile phone 29195034, Eduards Bērziņs-Lācis. Fax: 67532607
On the table there are arranged variety of special aids for blind and visually impaired people
© 2009 Liepājas Neredzīgo biedrība • Web developer artTECH